Posted in Environment
Congratulations to our five businesses that have all been recognised at this year’s Lets Recycle - Investor in zero waste awards. Kettleby Food won the overall 5 Star Platinum Award, Blueberry Foods (5 Star Award) with Bradgate Bakery, Walkers Deli and Ginsters Van Sales gaining the 4 Star Award.The awards were presented at a prestigious ceremony with the businesses recognised for their commitment to increasing the amount of waste they reduce, reuse, recycle and recover, improving the environmental awareness of their employees, commitment to zero waste to landfill and in partnership with P H Hull & Sons increasing their total recycling percentages.
Let’s Recycle – Investors in Zero Waste is the UK’s premier ongoing recognition scheme rewarding the innovation and commitment of businesses, public authorities and third sector organisations who are striving to eliminate waste.
- Each site, working closely with P H Hull & Sons undertook various activities which led to the award success;
- Increasing total recycling rates at every site
- Working with suppliers to optimise packaging formats to prevent waste
- Sending used wellington boots for reuse in developing countries whilst also redistributing surplus food to charity
- Reusing surplus food to make new products
- Introducing reusable packaging for consumers
- Introducing colour coded bins for better waste segregation. Also dedicated food waste bins.
Delivering waste awareness sessions
Sharing performance information on noticeboards, through newsletters and TV displays in the restaurant and much more.