At Samworth Brothers we are proud of our Industrial Placement scheme and new Graduate Programme.
For our placement students, we offer an interesting, diverse and valuable 12 months of experience and our aim is to develop positive relationships so they want to return to the Group, providing them with a great career and us with the talent, commitment and expertise we need to ensure our continued success.
We are excited to launch our new Graduate Scheme 2016.
If you are wanting a role that stretches your skills and knowledge then our graduate programme will do just that. Designed to develop our future leaders and managers you will experience 4 placements designed to test your technical, project management and people management skills as well as the opportunity to get involved in broader site and group CSR activities. We offer 4 placements of 6 months at a minimum of 2 sites.
You will have a great support structure including senior manager Mentors, line managers and colleagues and we will support your practical learning with our ILM accredited open programme designed to advance performance to become successful future managers and leaders.
We are currently recruiting for graduates to work in the Operations, Technical and Commercial Functions. Apply for our 2016 Graduate Scheme now!
Interested? These are the qualities we look for in our candidates;
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Good numerical and verbal reasoning
- High physical and mental energy levels
- Self-motivated individuals who will use their initiative and want to make a difference.
- A good attention to detail and commitment to achieving a quality outcome.
- Desire to take responsibility for your career progress and development
- The ability to challenge and question
- Flexible and adaptable
- Confident in your abilities but also keen to learn and develop
What do we offer?We aim to give successful candidates an enriching placement that enables them to;
- develop key leadership skills
- gain practical experience of working in the food industry
- gain insight into the different functions and roles within the food industry
- become an ambassador for Samworth Brothers
Who are Samworth Brothers?You may not have heard of Samworth Brothers but our products are eaten by millions of people in the UK every day. We are one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers. Our consumer brands include the No 1 Cornish pasty favourite, Ginsters, the iconic malt loaf brand, Soreen and leading sports nutrition brand, SCI-MX.
However another main part of our business is producing high quality chilled food products such as sandwiches, salads, sausages, pasties and pork pies, prepared meals and desserts for leading UK retailers. Our customers include Tesco, Waitrose, M&S, Morrisons, Costa, Asda, Ocado, the Co-op, Sainsbury’s and Costco.