Posted in News
In a recent Impact Survey – 94 % of clubs and organisations supported by the Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund have said their Fund award had improved the quality of the activities they had been able to offer for young people, while 83% have said Fund support has allowed them to increase the number of people they can help.
Fund recipients also said support had helped to strengthen local community ties and relationships , and in many cases reduced the risk of young people becoming involved in crime or anti-social behaviour. Since the Fund was set up in late 2013 it has made more than 125 awards to over 75 organisations in locations with over £1.7 million of funds awarded or pledged. The Fund focuses on areas where there is a strong Samworth Brothers presence, most particularly in Leicester, Cornwall and Greater Manchester.
The survey of 34 recent Sports Opportunity Fund recipients also showed;
- 66% of Fund recipients were able to provide additional coaching capacity.
- 67% were able to offer better quality equipment as a result of their award.
- 72% of clubs who received Fund awards were able to offer more chances for young people to participate in competitive sport.
- 68% of clubs were able to offer activities to a wider age range and at different times of the day or week.
- 38% of clubs were able to use part of their award to launch a girls’ programme.
Samworth Brothers Sports Opportunity Fund Chairman Stephen Draisey said; “ Since the Fund started we have been impressed and humbled by the amazing hard work and dedication of so many sporting volunteers in the areas around Samworth Brothers businesses, including many Samworth Brothers’ staff.”