Posted in Community
From lunch bags for healthcare staff at vaccination centres to helping schools with computers, Samworth Brothers businesses and brands are continuing to help local communities during the pandemic.
Samworth Brothers is supporting the vaccination effort by providing complimentary lunch bags to nurses and other staff at vaccination centres across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Locations benefiting include Charnwood, Rutland, Melton, Measham, ‘The Kube’(Leicester) and Peepul Centre (Leicester). Our Bradgate Bakery Ashton Green site and Coldcall van delivery teams are assembling and distributing the bags on a daily basis.
Coldcall Operations Head Paula Shaw said “The team is delighted to be supporting the vaccine effort. We have had excellent feedback from the vaccination centres.”Helen Rose, Managing Director of the Charnwood GP Network said staff wanted to give “A massive thank you for the food and drink you are bringing in. It is truly appreciated.”
Some of the other recent ways we have been helping across our communities include;
- Walkers Deli & Sausage in Leicester has been supporting What Cabin, a well-established children’s play project in the St Matthews area. A team in the business mobilised colleagues, suppliers and contractors to raise an amazing £16,000 for the project. Part of the donation was dedicated to over 100 Christmas gifts for local children, while the rest of the funds have been pledged to support What Cabin in 2021.
- Samworth Brothers IT team arranged a donation of 133 laptops to Leicestershire schools through the Business2 Schools scheme. Samworth Brothers Manton Wood has also donated 26 laptops to BCVS Bassetlaw to help with the home-schooling effort in Nottinghamshire.
- Melton Foods, Walkers Deli & Sausage, and Samworth Brothers Supply Chain, in partnership with Company Shop, have been supporting the Mowbray Education Trust in Melton Mowbray with food donations for the Trust’s work with disadvantaged families.
- Soreen has continued to support Manchester’s Cash for Kids – Mission Christmas project for the third year running with food and cash donations and support with marketing activity. Soreen has supported other community projects including delicious Soreen donations for the North Care Charity providing hampers to NHS staff working in hospitals across Bury, Oldham, Rochdale and Salford, the ‘Bread & Butter Thing, a Manchester based charity working to make life more affordable for people on a low income, plus Great Ormond Street and Fareshare.
- Ginsters are also proudly supporting FareShare South West including the donation of two refrigerated vehicles, in addition to regular surplus food donations in partnership with The Cornwall Bakery.