At Samworth Brothers our business is food, with our quality chilled and ambient products enjoyed by millions of people every day. We are a fourth-generation family business employing over 10,000 people, operating from well-invested and modern food manufacturing and retail sites across the UK. Our consumer brands include the No 1 Cornish pasty favourite, Ginsters, the iconic malt loaf, Soreen, and sports nutrition brand SCO_MX.
At Samworth Brothers our people define us – loyalty and dedication contribute to the continuing success of the company. We offer a wide variety of employment opportunities across our 19 businesses and our staff enjoy good benefits.
Due to continued growth we are currently recruiting for an experienced Area Manager – Personnel to be part of the management team at Walkers Deli & Sausage Co. The business produces a wide range of cooked meats, pate and sausage products for a number of leading UK retailers. With almost 1,000 employees over two manufacturing facilities, we are a major employer, based in the heart of the city of Leicester.
The Role successful candidate will be responsible for:
We are looking for an individual who has a proven track record of driving a people agenda and successfully partnering with the business to support and deliver the people plan for the site. Reporting into the Head of People for Walkers Deli & Sausage Co. you will be working closely with the other Area Manager – Personnel to ensure consistency, and will be responsible for managing and developing a small team of advisors and assistants to deliver an outstanding service to the business as well as leading on projects and initiatives.
The Successful Individual:
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
• Proven experience of managing a team in an HR/Personnel environment
• Experience of managing the process of performance enhancement and management covering the full employee lifecycle
• Evidence of managing internal communications and employee engagement initiatives is desirable
• Experience of working in FMCG is desirable
• Minimum of CIPD level 5 qualified or equivalent
• Proven experience of managing employee relations case work with good working knowledge of current employment legislation