Monday to Friday 1pm till 9pm
Are you looking to expand your career in the food industry with a rapidly growing company in a very exciting industry?
We currently require a permanent Butchery Operative at Walker & Son to join the existing Butchery team on a permanent basis.
The hours of work are 5am till finish; however, a flexible approach towards working hours is necessary.
We are looking for applicants who have a chilled food environment, be manually dexterous, hold high levels of self-motivation and excellent team working skills.
Responsible for checking the quality of proteins coming into site and prepping meat to be used in production.
- Unloading proteins from delivery vehicles within Intake bay
- Checking item codes; supplier, product references, dates and escalating any issues to Team Leader/ QA team.
- Booking in protein deliveries using hand held scanner to scan bar codes and manually entering data onto Aurora (data accuracy and computer skills are essential)
- Transferring proteins to the Butchery Area
- Inspecting every piece of protein for foreign bodies prior to use.
- Preparing proteins in accordance with Ingredient Mix Sheets (recipes). This requires ability to understand written ingredients codes, descriptions and processes for mixing.
- Hand trimming meat and use of dicing, mincing and mixing machinery
- Generating fridge labels for mixes using computer system (entering bin code and quantity and ensuring date codes are correct) and transferring to fridge.
- Completion of traceability documentation.
- Required to work independently.
- Willing and enthusiastic
- Physical ability
- Able to work with raw and cooked meat including pork
- Willing to work in cold/hot environment
- Exceptional timekeeping and attendance
We are offering a competitive rate of pay and an excellent benefits package including Retirement Saving Plan, Private Healthcare and Profit Sharing Schemes.