A fantastic opportunity if your have a love for trends, data and insights and are keen to apply this in a commercially focus role for a well loved brand
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Soreen, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have an fantastic opportunity for you to join our team as a Category Analyst helping us to shape the future of our commercial direction by using data, insights and creative thinking to help bring to life what’s happening with our customers, our industry and our brand.
Some of the things you will be getting involved in include:
- Monitoring industry, category and food trends using all of our continuous data (i.e. Kantar, DunnHumby, Mintel, IGD Retail Insight, IGD Shopper Vista, EPOS, The Food People etc.)
- Looking at any insight provided by the Soreen Marketing Team (e.g. U&A Study), the Group Category Community (e.g. category plans for Food to Go) and the Group Marketing Team (e.g. Covid Behaviours Tracking)
- Using Data, trends and reporting to issue proactive communication with internal and external customers as insights with recommended actions.
- Being the internal expert for what’s happening in the market
- Supporting the category manager with data analysis to build category growth plans for the brand and our customers.
- Acting as the key category management contact for customers from traditional convenience and wholesale, the discounters, high street and out of home.
- Becoming a trusted advisor for key customers on how to grow their category sales and building strong relationships.
Contributing to Group Category Community projects
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Detail-orientated with good Excel skills and the ability to manipulate, analyse and report data effectively
- An interest in interpreting trends and insights to make predictions about the future
- Commercial awareness and problem-solving ability
- The ability to work on multiple tasks under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organised, self-motivated individual with the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and discretion due to the likelihood of working with customers’ confidential information
Soreen is our Manchester based business within Samworth Brothers. Take a highly successful bakery company, add a much loved, iconic brand and pour on lashings of passion! This is the recipe you’ll experience when working for Soreen bakery. As makers of a delicious range of fruit and malt loaves we require outstanding, passionate and committed quality professionals. Behind every great brand are its people! Be part of a brand with over 80 years heritage built on the dedication and commitment of our workforce and enjoyed by over 1.1m consumers every week!
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative