Kettleby Foods, based in Melton Mowbray, is a supplier of top quality Ready Meals to our retail partners. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven person to join the Meals Teams as a Category Manager.
You will be responsible for shaping the category agenda in Meal Solutions for our customer, through strategic category reviews to identify and deliver growth opportunities. Utilising shopper, consumer and market insight, you will create strategic recommendations and tactical action plans to improve category performance. Leading activity from research and concept testing through to in-store activation and customer communications.
- Develop a strategic Meal Solutions category plan to drive performance, in line with the aims & objectives of both Samworth & our retailer
- Lead range & category performance reviews
- Share in an engaging way with our customer & internal stakeholders, the latest category performance, trends & insight, with clear recommendations
- Creation & implementation of category & shopper marketing strategies
- Identify relevant growth opportunities for both Meal Solutions & new propositions, creating a Category Plan which is shared with our customer & internal stakeholders
- Develop clear & compelling actions based on insights across the macro environment, market, retailer, shopper & consumer
- Develop tactical plans across formats, space, flow & SKU distribution which deliver growth
- Deliver category arguments using data from multiple sources, to deliver growth in our categories
- Management & delivery of regular monthly & seasonal reporting
- Activation of our ranges using to include, but not exclusively, retailer coupons, retailer media & at fixture POS
- Building relationships with all relevant retailer stakeholders, so we become their point of contact for category expertise
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Experience in a similar role working in a fast paced chilled manufacturing or retail environment
- Experience interpreting market and consumer insight data (Nielsen, Kantar, retailer data etc.)
- Commercial acumen and the confidence to turn opportunities into sales
- Detail orientated
- Proven ability in delivering insightful presentations with impact which deliver tangible outcomes
- Ability to grow relationships with key stakeholders & influence at all levels
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. That’s why we reward hard work and dedication with a competitive salary, profit share, retirement savings plan and private health care scheme (after qualifying period).
If you have the experience required, a positive can do approach, and the flexibility to meet the varied responsibilities of this demanding career opportunity, please submit your up–to-date CV and current salary today to Rachel Biggs in our People Team for immediate consideration:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the website http://www.samworthbrothers.co.uk/Work-For-Us