Monday – Friday
10pm – 6am
Walker and Son is part of the Samworth Brothers group, a long established and successful chilled food manufacturer and market leader, supplying cold pies to a majority of the major retailers. The business has experienced outstanding growth over the last few years whilst continuing to focus on delivering quality products and a first class service to our customers.
As the successful Hygiene Operator, you will play a critical role within the Hygiene department. You will ensure that the Bakery and equipment is cleaned according to the Safe System of Work. In addition to the cleaning duties, a Hygiene Operative is also responsible for the accurate completion of all associated paperwork, ensuring that due diligence is followed.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are correctly followed
- Ensure cleaning equipment is of working order and safe to use
- Ensure staff follow ‘Good Manufacturing Practice’ standards for food hygiene
- Continuously monitor quality and ensure adherence to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Cleaning machinery in machine wash to specification and ensuring the machines are of working order and safe to use
- Using tray wash appliance to ensure trays are washed to specification and ensuring they are safe to use
- Keeping line area clean at all times, including the removal of waste
- Using cleaning chemicals to correct concentrations
- Routine deep cleaning schedules
- Accurate completion of cleaning and testing records
- Health and Safety; Develop and promote a health and safety culture, ensure regular and consistent job rotation and risk assessments are carried out, report any defective or damaged equipment or facility, report any unsafe practices that can lead to accident
The Successful Individual
- Experience gained in a similar role is desirable but not essential, as training will
- be given
- A good understanding of Bakery Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and Food Health & Safety would be desirable
- The ability to comply with Hygiene Standard Operating Procedures, work well
- under pressure, with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to speak, read and write clearly in English as well as good literacy skills (you must be able to pass entry numeracy and literacy tests)
It is the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive hourly pay, retirement saving plan, private health care (after 1 year service), occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service rewards and free car parking.