We are currently recruiting for Head of Supply Chain within Meals to be based at our Kettleby Foods site with some travel to Saladworks required.
Meals is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
To lead the supply chain functions across the meals’ category ensuring we maximise business performance through efficient conversion of customer requirements.
- Define and implement the agreed supply chain strategy for all meals’ facilities aligned to category objectives
- Design and implement an end to end S&OP process that ensures we have sufficient capacity, raw material supply and labour availability to meet customer and business requirements
- Define and implement consistent processes of purchasing, moving and distributing raw material stocks and finished goods through the business with compliance to system booking procedures
- Represent the business as the Supply Chain lead in customer engagements ensuring collaboration and clarity of requirements for both parties
- Identify and implement methods for improving efficiency of manufacture and distribution of finished goods
- Work with the commercial team to ensure accuracy of demand planning for all products and customers on a rolling basis creating a clear events calendar and taking account of available resources
- Work with operational, purchasing and supply chain teams to minimise stock (without creating business risk) and maximising the associated working capital benefits
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Experience of leading a supply chain function in a FMCG business
- Experience of operating and leading across multiple sites
- Detailed knowledge of ERP systems and material control systems – system 21 preferable but not essential
- Knowledge, understanding and user experience of planning systems – Preactor preferable but not essential
- Understanding of retailer order fulfilment processes – Tesco, M&S and Waitrose
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.