Madeline Road 14:30 – 22:30
Monday – Friday, Wednesday – Sunday, Thursday – Monday, Friday - Tuesday
Bradgate Bakery is an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots and many other chilled food to go products for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with almost 1600 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK’s largest chilled food to go manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
As the successful Hygiene Operator, you will play a critical role within the Hygiene department. You will ensure that the Bakery and equipment is cleaned according to the Safe System of Work. In addition to the cleaning duties, a Hygiene Operative is also responsible for the accurate completion of all associated paperwork, ensuring that due diligence is followed.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are correctly followed
- Ensure cleaning equipment is of working order and safe to use
- Ensure staff follow ‘Good Manufacturing Practice’ standards for food hygiene
- Continuously monitor quality and ensure adherence to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Cleaning machinery in machine wash to specification and ensuring the machines are of working order and safe to use
- Using tray wash appliance to ensure trays are washed to specification and ensuring they are safe to use
- Keeping line area clean at all times, including the removal of waste
- Using cleaning chemicals to correct concentrations
- Routine deep cleaning schedules
- Accurate completion of cleaning and testing records
- Health and Safety; Develop and promote a health and safety culture, ensure regular and consistent job rotation and risk assessments are carried out, report any defective or damaged equipment or facility, report any unsafe practices that can lead to accident
The Successful Individual
- Experience gained in a similar role is desirable but not essential, as training will
- be given
- A good understanding of Bakery Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and
Food Health & Safety would be desirable
- The ability to comply with Hygiene Standard Operating Procedures, work well
- under pressure, with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to speak, read and write clearly in English as well as good literacy skills (you must be able to pass entry numeracy and literacy tests)
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, retirements saving plan, profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.