Brooksby Foods is a division of the Samworth Brothers Group of companies, based in the market town of Melton Mowbray and manufactures a wide range of quality Ready Meals for the UK’s top food retailers. We now have an opportunity for a reliable and conscientious individual to train and work as Platform Chef in our Low Risk department.
Shift Pattern: 4 days on, 4 days off
The Role and The Ideal Candidate:
- Following pre-written recipe and method sheets and recipes to prepare and cook sauces in large volumes, ensuring that ingredients and quantities are correct and taking responsibility for safe running of machinery whilst on shift.
- You should be able to cope with the physical demands of the role which will include the use of industrial-sized cooking vessels and movement of large quantities of ingredients (following manual handling and good Health & Safety practices).
- To be successful you must be happy working on your own initiative, pay attention to detail and take pride in producing a quality product.
- You will need to have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills as you will be required to complete paperwork and documentation as part of this role.
- Experience within a fast-paced, industrial chilled food manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. That’s why we reward hard work and dedication with an enhanced rate of pay, pension scheme, private health care scheme (after qualifying period) and various other benefits with major High Street retailers through our Quality Life scheme.
If the above sounds interesting, please forward your CV and covering letter to:
Mustakim Sayedmiam, People Department,
Brooksby Foods, 4 Pate Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0RG
Email: email@example.com or
apply via the website at http://www.samworthbrothers.co.uk/Work-For-Us