Maternity Cover for up to 1 year Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.00pm
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Walkers Deli and Sausage, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as an Internal Comms & Engagement Specialist to cover a maternity leave for up to one year, you will be responsible for all company communication and engagement activity, delivering communications to a high standard, using a variety of channels that represents the demographic of colleagues within our business. You will produce content for both print and digital publications, including relatable and shareable content to enhance communication using social media. Working with the L&D Manager, you will develop the communications plan and engagement strategy and activity, along with taking responsibility for project communications to both internal and external stakeholders. You will have strong coaching and influencing skills with the ability to create and sustain excellent relationships with diverse stakeholders. Some of what you can expect to be doing includes:
- Project manage the implementation of communication events on the agreed communication calendar.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance internal and external communication through technology, new or improved channels, presentation and content.
- Create and sustain an annual activity plan which engages all employees including organising whole site events e.g. Director’s briefing, Christmas activities and end of year celebration
- Ensure all established communication channels are updated regularly including notice boards and TVs.
- Take ownership of the site Internal Communications, from providing content for the Samworth Standard, delivering quarterly Pig Issue newspapers and monthly site briefs, to ad hoc and practical communications.
- Lead on site Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) encompassing all voluntary and charity activity, through a Charity & Social Committee, to engage employees at all levels in the business for the benefit of our local communities.
- Develop and sustain an inspiring and fun employee recognition scheme to enhance engagement and drive behaviours in line with the Samworth Way.
- Promote, and work as a role model to embed and strengthen the site culture of ‘Together We Can’. From an immediate perspective within the People team, through to the broad delivery across the business via targeted initiatives and consistent messaging, these principles should underpin all that we do.
- Support all project communication this will include launches, updates and ensuring all employees involved are engaged.
- Ensure that the Company is being effectively represented on social media platforms including LinkedIn.
- Lead on management of the annual Staff Survey, supporting high participation and then ensuring results are suitably analysed and fed back to managers, supporting them to identify impactful action plans and tracking progress and outcomes by department and area.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Degree in Communications or similar qualification, or comparable experience.
- Experience of creating and implementing communication plans.
- Innovative thinking ability, having a good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Ability to convince and influence stakeholders at different levels.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles, to ensure messages have the desired effect.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write for different audiences and utilising different media.
- Knowledge of business-focused communications solutions where the output matches both business culture and stakeholder expectations.
- Experience of different colleague communication channels e.g. intranet, apps, social media, email, newsletters, video etc.
- A good understanding of how to communicate with a diverse and hard to reach workforce.
- Understands the key drivers of internal engagement.
Walkers Deli & Sausage specialises in the manufacturing of Premium Sliced Cooked Meats and Sausages as well as being the largest producer of Pate in the UK. At Walkers Deli and Sausage we are constantly striving for ways to improve. This passion for innovation is evident in all that we do.
We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative