Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
We are currently recruiting for an IT Operations Centre Manager within Group IT to be based at our SBSC Oak Meadow Site in Leicester.
Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
To manage and lead the IT Operations Centre team, ensuring that the service they provide to the business leads to satisfied customers, but is delivered in such a way that it complies with agreed standards, service agreements and budget. Use root cause analysis to provide solutions that then minimise repeat issues and therefore drive down the number of incidents.
Support the Head of IT Operations with information from the Operations Centre to help with continuous improvement in relation to process and procedural review. Helping to ensure that the framework, governance and supporting activities are fit for purpose and for future growth.
Work with all other IT functions to provide an efficient, effective service offering covering the full employee and IT lifecycle.
- To take responsibility and accountability for the management of the IT Operations Centre.
- Implement required ITIL principles in line with the overall strategy.
- Provide stability, consistency, reliability and improvement to End-User experience of IT Support.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement the strives to enhance the user experience and customer perception.
- Collaboratively ensure processes and behaviors are aligned across all locations.
- Define & implement standard procedures for all activities.
- Identify, manage improvements and govern Group IT policies, processes and procedures across required ITIL disciplines.
- Review all aspects of the support lifecycle and implement standard metrics, to provide reporting insight into service health & performance.
- Define policies/procedures/processes to govern proactive approaches to support across IT functions, including monitoring & analysis of effort relating to call handling and resolution.
- Define and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) the measure the effectiveness of the Operations Centre.
- Produce regular statistical reports on performance.
- Advise and coach the team on handling complex customer queries.
- Take remedial action to address deviations from agreed levels of service.
- Effectively communicate priority incidents with the correct information to the relevant groups.
- Provide interfaces to Samworth Brother Group or third-party support teams.
- Provide solution scripts and training for supported IT Services.
- Ensure customers and stakeholders are informed of progress of high priority incidents.
- Resolve conflicting customer requirements.
- Ensure a centralised repository exists for all necessary support documentation, that it is accurate and regularly reviewed for relevance, enabling the delivery of an efficient Support Operation.
- Regularly monitor tickets to ensure a clear consistent approach is delivered.
- Implement initiatives to improve “First Time Fix” statistics.
- Implement self-help initiatives and clearly communicate across the Group
- Ensure the quality recording of incidents is sufficient and appropriately maintained throughout.
- Incident Ownership: – constant review of active incidents to ensure closure within agreed timescale, requirements and to reduce the number of incidents that require escalation.
- Develop requirements for service transition planning and service introduction.
- Identify common / recurring issues and produce & implement plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support the Change Management Process within Group IT providing approval to changes.
- Responsible for managing major IT incidents across various businesses (this may require being contacted out-of-hours. May also participate in an out-of-hours rota for the management of.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- ITIL v3 Foundation Level minimum (Ideally, Service Operations, CSI)
- Prince 2 Foundation (desirable)
- Management of Risk (MoR) – (desirable)
- ITIL based service management experience
- At least 5 years operating in Management roles within IT Operations
- Understanding and experience of working to agreed levels across Service Level Management practices (e.g. SLA’s / OLA’s / UC’s)
- Information Security & IT Risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of full-service lifecycle (Strategy through to CSI)
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.