We are currently recruiting for a People Advisor to join Walkers Deli & Sausage Co.
Walkers Deli & Sausage Co is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products.
We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfill their potential.
- Manage and support with the delivery of employee relations casework, including absence management, disciplinary and grievance cases where required. Promptly provide updates and information to Head of People in line with agreed escalation points.
- Support with Performance Enhancement practice, from driving and coaching line manager competency, to managing the annual and new starter Performance Enhancement processes to unlock potential, enhance engagement and drive behaviours in line with the Samworth Way.
- Support line managers to effectively manage individual cases of poor performance, providing guidance to assist in upholding an appropriate balance between facing into challenging conversations with the principles of positive engagement and respect for the employee.
- Connect with all outgoing employees for an exit interview, analysing trends and providing feedback where appropriate to management.
- Provide training to managers to upskill them in areas of people management, policies and procedures.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focused on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Experience in a HR environment. CIPD qualified.
- Confident in advising and working with senior members of staff
- Competent with HR systems
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- A good working knowledge of current employment legislation
What we have to offer:
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.