Based at our Manton Wood site in Worksop, working Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm with some flexibility required for Night shift
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Manton Wood, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as People Advisor. Within this role you will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective service to Department Managers and employees, advising on a range of ER topics in line with current legislation and policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for HR related activity for all weekly paid employees on site
- Prepare and conduct investigations, disciplinaries, grievance, appeal and performance meetings
- Advise and support Managers when conducting these meetings
- Provide training to Management on Policies & Procedures where necessary
- Complete weekly absence reports and monitor site headcount and absence rate and identify incentives that can be introduced to improve both
- Conduct capability meetings for employees in line with company procedure
- Review Occupational Health and Physiotherapy reports and update the site restrictions tracker for any backshift and nightshift weekly paid employees
- Train and support the HR Assistant/Administrator
- Provide ER support to Nightshift when required
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Minimum CiPD Level 3 Certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience in a HR Assistant/HR Advisor role
- Experience in the food industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Good level of written and spoken communication
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Experience with T&A System would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise & Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
Manton Wood based in Worksop, is part of our Food to Go businesses. Food to Go is a fast-developing market that’s worth over £17 billion a year in the UK and is set to grow by a further £6 billion in the next 5 years. Our Food to Go ranges of pre-packed salads, sandwiches, bagels, wraps, paninis and ciabattas help our retail customers offer a huge choice of tastes to meet the changing demands of consumers.
We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative