People Advisor (Recruitment)
Shift Pattern: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 08:30 – 17:00, and Tuesday 12:00 – 20:30
Samworth Brothers Supply Chain are a highly professional and service driven business. We are very proud of the commitment and loyalty of our team, which currently numbers 500 people. More than half our staff have been with us for over five years, with a quarter having over 10 years’ service!
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a People Advisor (Recruitment) joining the Personnel Team based in Oak Meadow, Leicester. The successful candidate will provide an efficient and professional personnel service to the all four SBSC sites, encompassing selection/recruitment, employee relations, performance management, personnel policy and administration.
- Manage day to day personnel service across SBSC ensuring employee / business needs are met.
- Responsible for the recruitment end to end process offering advice and support where applicable to all hiring managers.
- Ensuring that the relevant authority to recruit form has been completed and signed by the directors within the business.
- Create internal and external adverts, ensuring that they are completed within a timely manner.
- Provide candidates with relevant and timely communication, i.e. responding to speculative applications of employment, offers of employment and induction plans.
- Ensure all new starters are effectively guided through the onboarding process by conducting inductions, issuing the relevant documents, and supporting registration to the CoreHR Portal.
- Review regularly the recruitment process ensuring that it is fair and consistent and in line with all aspects of Employment law particularly with regards to Right to work in the UK.
- Administering aptitude tests and PPA profiling as and when required.
- Continually monitor the companies Organisation Charts, ensuring they are up to date.
- Advising and supporting colleagues on areas of discipline, grievance, performance management, attendance management and general employee relations.
- To implement initiatives and strategies with agreement from the Personnel Manager and within company guidelines, undertaking ad-hoc projects on behalf of the Personnel Manager.
- To collate and maintain HR statistics, making recommendations to drive improvements.
Please note the above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven advisory experience within a HR environment (at least one year)
- Preferably CIPD qualified (or working towards)
- Practical knowledge of Employee Relations, and Employment Law
- Flexibility required due to the 24/7 nature of the business
- Drive and Initiative
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
This is a diverse and fast-paced business where no two days are the same. If you are up for the challenge, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: No Recruitment Agencies will be used to fill this position.
Closing date for applications: 23rd August 2019