Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
At Samworth Brothers our business is food, with our quality chilled and ambient products enjoyed by millions of people every day.We are a fourth-generation family business employing over 10,000 people, operating from well-invested and modern food manufacturing and retail sites across the UK.Our consumer brands include the No 1 Cornish pasty favourite, Ginsters, the iconic malt loaf, Soreen, and sports nutrition brand SCI_MX.
We are recruiting a PMO Manager to join our team in Leicester on a permanent basis to define, develop and monitor adherence to the Portfolio & Project Management standards within Samworth Brothers Group IT.
You will maintain the Group IT Portfolio, scheduling new Projects within the Portfolio based upon maximising business benefit whilst considering constraints and impact on existing projects, provide senior management and stakeholders with accurate and timely information on the status and health of the Group IT Portfolio, facilitate the new demand process to ensure that requests are progressed efficiently through the prioritisation and quote process and manage and develop the cost recovery processes, to provide transparent and proportional IT costs based on the utilisation of IT within the businesses.
In further detail your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the PMO team
- Own and administer the tools and templates used to support the Portfolio and Project Management processes.
- Ensure the adherence of project delivery to the agreed standards and processes (using Stage Gates, Healthchecks and regular reviews etc), working with Project Managers to identify remediation actions where any exceptions are identified.
- Work closely with the Business Partners to understand the priorities and plans of the businesses.
- Manage the progress of projects and small change through the new demand and approval process, tracking the status of requests throughout the lifecycle and ensuring that there is clearly defined ownership at all points.
- Accountable for the accurate set up and maintenance of projects and small changes within the Portfolio Management and Resource Tracking tools, ensuring that the appropriate data is captured to enable accurate resource charging.
- Maintain the Portfolio Plan, scheduling new demand to maximise business benefits whilst considering constrains and the impact on existing projects.
- Monitor actual and resource forecasts vs. quotes; escalating exceptions, and identifying improvement opportunities (e.g. process improvements, coaching, costings etc).
- Develop the costing model and process so that accuracy is increased, and a wider range of activities and resources can be recovered.
- Provide timely and accurate reports and KPIs of Project and Portfolio performance, dependencies, risks, issues, resource utilisation and cost recovery etc to all management levels within the business.
- Identify, track and report on interdependencies, risks and issues within the Portfolio.
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- PRINCE II practitioner (or equivalent recognized PM qualification).
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) desirable.
- Management of a Portfolio & Project Management Office.
- Full Lifecycle Project Management experience.
- Management of the project ‘pipeline’ of new demand.
- Management and scheduling of new demand within a project portfolio.
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement of Portfolio and Project process and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experienced in the production of regular Board level reports.
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset.
- Mentoring and coaching PMO and Project Management teams.
- Stakeholder management and relationship building within IT and the business.
- Financially aware with excellent numeracy skills
- Commercially focussed.
- Excellent analytical and highly numerate.
- Problem-solving skills (logical and creative)
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, retirements saving plan, profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.