Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.0pm
We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Technologist within the Technical Department to be based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage, Leicester site.
Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
The Process Development Technologist will be responsible for taking concept approved products through the development process onto full scale bakery launch, whilst adhering to the customer critical path in line with customer Codes of Practices and the Samworth Brothers Launch Process. Carrying out trials on alternative ingredients and packaging solutions as required by the business.
- Work as an integral member of the technical team networking with other internal departments, suppliers and the customer as required
- Play an active part within the team ensuring tight management of critical paths on proposed concepts, managing them throughout the trialling process up to product launch and post launch review.
- Attend bakery pre-production and product launches and assist the production team to ensure a smooth transition from concept to launch.
- Arrange and conduct bakery trials by liaising with the relevant areas ensuring that any existing and new raw materials and packaging are obtained, and the relevant paperwork and procedures are in place in advance of the trial.
- Conduct factory trials in conjunction with customer COP’s, including the capturing of traceability and trial data to populate the product folder
- Organise post trial outputs to include initiation of BOM’s, completion of product specific documentation, organisation of samples for microbiological & chemical testing, customer samples and organoleptic testing in line with customer COP
- Completion of QAS and bakery trial specification documents ensuring they are completed within a timely manner
- Organise quality trial product samples for both internal and external presentations
- Arrange 1st Production panels to review all new product launches.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Food Manufacturing practices, ideally FMCG
- Understanding of HACCP application and considerations as well as GMP and hygiene systems
- Good understanding of microbiology and nutrition
- Understanding of customer concept to launch protocols
- Experience within chilled food manufacturing, ideally within a process or NPD function
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to work well under pressure
- Accurate, detailed and thorough approach
- Hands on can do approach whilst being able to problem on the spot by thinking outside the box
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Must be capable of organising your time in a way that you are able to manage a number of projects simultaneously whilst delivering results under challenging timescales
- Flexible approach to working hours and business demands
- Good IT skills with experience of using MS Excel, Word, PP & Outlook
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.