Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Bradgate Bakery, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as Process Development Technologist. Some of what you can expect to be doing includes:
To effectively deliver NPD or EPD products safely, legally and to the agreed quality standard
- Operate in line with critical path for NPD, ensuring all products are launched on time;
- Organise and carry out all bakery trials on new products ensuring that all aspects of the product are acceptable and can be manufactured cost effectively.
- Ensure all microbiological, nutritional and organoleptic information are gathered through the trial process.
- Ensure food safety, legality and quality standards are met for all new products
- Provide guidance to all relevant departments when new products are developed
- Ensure that all new procedures are implemented effectively.
- Ensure all new raw materials are assessed appropriately and assessed against the current HACCP plan, raising any concerns
- Ensure production paperwork (eg. Assembly diagrams, Spec checks are issued in a timely manner prior to launch.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Previous work experience in food industry.
- Previous experience in Process role.
- Food safety/HACCP
- Communication, organisation, team working
- Logic and problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Prioritising workload
- Full driving Licence required
- Ability to work flexibly, evenings & weekends
Bradgate Bakery produces a wide range of quality chilled and ambient foods that are enjoyed by millions of people throughout the UK every day. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative