4 x on 4 x off 06:00 – 18:00
We are currently recruiting for a QA Supervisor to work 4 x on 4 x off 06:00 – 18:00 within the Walkers Deli Division based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage, Leicester site.
Walkers Deli & Sausage is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
You will be required to ensure that products are manufactured to the correct safety, legality and quality standards and to continually challenge and improve the monitoring/ control systems. The implementation of all aspects of HACCP and the Quality Management System at bakery level. You will manage the personal development of the Quality Assurance team inc. TPC and work in conjunction with all relevant departments to provide guidance and coaching to ensure compliance against QMS and customer Technical standards.
- To lead and motivate the QA team and drive a culture that promotes the continuous improvement of both product quality and factory standards.
- Train, coach and mentor QAs to ensure audits are of a high standard, facilitating continuous improvement and ensuring the highest technical standards are achieved.
- To ensure that the traceability system is complete and challenged regularly to ensure compliance highlighting any deficiencies with the QA Manager.
- To investigate factory non-conformances (specification and housekeeping/ hygiene) and ensure that the necessary corrective actions are taken. To agree actions to be taken for non-conforming product or components. Actions are closed out on time and in full. Trending to be carried out as necessary.
- To ensure that both swabbing, environmental and product testing schedules are adhered to and trended with any deviations being reported to the QA Manager.
- To ensure that the QA audits relating to GMP, HACCP, quality and hygiene systems are audited at the agreed frequency with audit findings effectively communicated and issues followed up.
- Management of pest control contract and overseeing the completion of all pest prevention actions to the required standards.
- To participate in ensuring that the bakery is ‘audit ready’ in the event of either scheduled or unannounced technical audits/visits.
- To participate in taste panels at Walkers Sausage Co. to ensure that the panels are conducted at the agreed frequency and that corrective actions / follow up activities are carried out on a timely basis.
- To ensure that complaint and micro investigations are carried out by the Operations/ QA team in a timely manner with root cause being identified where possible. Complaint investigation details are to be passed to the Technical Administrator for customer responses to be prepared and documents are filed. Complaint trending and minutes from complaints meetings are completed.
- Ensure all equipment used in the manufacture of product are calibrated by appropriately trained personnel and at an appropriate frequency. In addition, ensure any calibration / CCP verification equipment requiring repair is done so, in conjunction with Engineering Manager, in a timely manner.
- Alongside the QA Manager to risk assess, document and communicate any requests to deviate from standard procedure and to ensure any agreed deviations are adhered to.
- To work closely with the engineering department to ensure that any engineering work does not pose a risk to food safety.
- Conduct and communicate fabrication and hygiene audits to ensure that site standards remain high and that product safety is not compromised. To ensure that internal audits are maintained in accordance with the agreed schedule and corrective actions are followed up and audits closed off.
- Maintenance of company databases with correct and up to date information including nutritional database, testing databases, date coding system
- Operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement initiatives relating to health, safety and the environment
- To ensure that the QA Department maintains sufficient stock of consumable items to the level agreed by the QA Manager.
- To participate in projects as requested in order to drive continuous improvement.
- To provide key performance indicator data as required and comply with all internal and external
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Significant experience in a similar role in chilled, high risk, multi component food manufacture
- Experienced internal auditor with experience of auditing against customer COP’s & clauses of the BRC standard.
- A good understanding of practical problem solving/ root cause analysis.
- Experience of Tesco TFS and BRC audit process
- Proven skills in developing and leading teams, coaching and mentoring
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and influencing skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office – Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Qualifications (minimum requirements)
Internal Auditor Qualification
Level 3 HACCP
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.