4 on 4 off 06:00 - 18:00
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Walkers Deli and Sausage, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as a QA Supervisor, you will be required to ensure that products are manufactured to the correct safety, legality and quality standards and to continually challenge and improve the monitoring/ control systems. The implementation of all aspects of HACCP and the Quality Management System at bakery level. Managing the personal development of the Quality Assurance team inc. TPC and work in conjunction with all relevant departments to provide guidance and coaching to ensure compliance against QMS and customer Technical standards. Some of what you can expect to be doing includes:
- Lead and motivate the QA team and drive a culture that promotes the continuous improvement of both product quality and factory standards.
- Train, coach and mentor QAs to ensure audits are of a high standard, facilitating continuous improvement and ensuring the highest technical standards are achieved.
- Ensure that the traceability system is complete and challenged regularly to ensure compliance highlighting any deficiencies with the QA Manager.
- Investigate factory non-conformances (specification and housekeeping/ hygiene) and ensure that the necessary corrective actions are taken. To agree actions to be taken for non-conforming product or components.
- Ensure that both swabbing schedules and product testing schedules are adhered to with any deviations being reported to the QA Manager.
- QA audits relating to GMP, HACCP, quality and hygiene systems are audited at the agreed frequency with audit findings effectively communicated and issues followed up.
- Participate in ensuring that the bakery is ‘audit ready’ in the event of either scheduled or unannounced technical audits/visits.
- Participate in taste panels at Walkers Deli Co. to ensure that the panels are conducted at the agreed frequency and that corrective actions / follow up activities are carried out on a timely basis.
- Ensure that complaint and micro investigations are carried out by the Operations/ QA team in a timely manner with root cause being identified where possible. Complaint investigation details are to be passed to the Technical Administrator for customer responses to be prepared.
- Equipment used in the manufacture of product are calibrated by appropriately trained personnel and at an appropriate frequency. In addition, ensure any calibration / CCP verification equipment requiring repair is done so, in conjunction with Engineering Manager, in a timely manner.
- Conduct and communicate fabrication and hygiene audits to ensure that site standards remain high and that product safety is not compromised. To ensure that system internal audits are maintained in accordance with the agreed schedule and corrective actions are followed up and audits closed off.
- The QA Department maintains sufficient stock of consumable items to the level agreed by the QA Manager.
- Provide key performance indicator data as required and comply with all internal and external
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Significant experience in a similar role in chilled, high risk, multi component food manufacture
- Experienced internal auditor with experience of auditing against customer COP’s & clauses of the BRC standard.
- Experience of Tesco TFMS and BRC audit process
- Good knowledge of MS Office – Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Qualifications (minimum requirements)
Internal Auditor Qualification
Level 3 HACCP
Walkers Deli & Sausage specialises in the manufacturing of Premium Sliced Cooked Meats and Sausages as well as being the largest producer of Pate in the UK. At Walkers Deli and Sausage we are constantly striving for ways to improve. This passion for innovation is evident in all that we do.
We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative