We are currently recruiting for a 2 x QA Supervisors to work day shift, 4 on 4 off (0600 - 1800) based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage Site in Leicester
Walkers Deli & Sausage is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
Working on a day shift 4 on 4 off (0600 – 1800) The QA Supervisor will be reporting into the QA Manager. The QA Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that products are manufactured to the correct safety, legality and quality standards and to continually challenge and improve the monitoring/ control systems. As well as the correct implementation of all aspects of HACCP and the Quality Management System at bakery level. Working in conjunction with all relevant departments to provide guidance and coaching to ensure compliance against QMS and customer Technical standards.
- To lead and motivate the QA team and drive a culture that promotes the continuous improvement of both product quality and factory standards.
- Train, coach and mentor QAs to ensure audits are of a high standard, facilitating continuous improvement and ensuring the highest technical standards are achieved.
- To ensure that the traceability system is complete and challenged regularly to ensure compliance highlighting any deficiencies with the QA Manager.
- To investigate factory non-conformances (specification and housekeeping/ hygiene) and ensure that the necessary corrective actions are taken. To agree actions to be taken for non-conforming product or components.
- To ensure that both swabbing schedules and product testing schedules are adhered to with any deviations being reported to the QA Manager.
- To ensure that the QA audits relating to GMP, HACCP, quality and hygiene systems are audited at the agreed frequency with audit findings effectively communicated and issues followed up.
- To work closely with and support the technical department as well as other functions, including hygiene, commercial and operations.
- To participate in ensuring that the bakery is ‘audit ready’ in the event of either scheduled or unannounced technical audits/visits.
- To participate in taste panels at Walkers Deli Co. to ensure that the panels are conducted at the agreed frequency and that corrective actions / follow up activities are carried out on a timely basis.
- To ensure that complaint and micro investigations are carried out by the Operations/ QA team in a timely manner with root cause being identified where possible. Complaint investigation details are to be passed to the Technical Administrator for customer responses to be prepared.
- Ensure all equipment used in the manufacture of product are calibrated by appropriately trained personnel and at an appropriate frequency. In addition, ensure any calibration / CCP verification equipment requiring repair is done so, in conjunction with Engineering Manager, in a timely manner.
- Alongside the QA Manager to risk assess, document and communicate any requests to deviate from standard procedure and to ensure any agreed deviations are adhered to.
- To work closely with the engineering department to ensure that any engineering work does not pose a risk to food safety.
- Conduct and communicate fabrication and hygiene audits to ensure that site standards remain high and that product safety is not compromised. To ensure that system internal audits are maintained in accordance with the agreed schedule and corrective actions are followed up and audits closed off.
- Operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement initiatives relating to health, safety and the environment
- To ensure that the QA Department maintains sufficient stock of consumable items to the level agreed by the QA Manager.
- To participate in projects as requested in order to drive continuous improvement.
- To provide key performance indicator data as required and comply with all internal and external
- To carry out any reasonable request of your manager in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Deputise for the QA Manager in their absence to ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality at all times
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Significant experience in a similar role in chilled, high risk, multi component food manufacture
- Experienced internal auditor with experience of auditing against customer COP’s & clauses of the BRC standard.
- A good understanding of practical problem solving/ root cause analysis.
- Experience of Tesco TFMS and BRC audit process
- Proven skills in developing and leading teams
- Proven skills in coaching and mentoring
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office – Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication
- Able to supervise team members directly and indirectly.
- Qualifications (minimum requirements)
- Internal Auditor Qualification
- Level 3 HACCP
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.