Monday - Friday 14:00 - 22:00
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Walkers Deli and Sausage, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as a QA Technician, you will audit the production process against the latest legislation, agreed quality and safety standards and compliance with internal procedures. To ensure that Walkers Sausage manufactures world class quality sausages and ready to cook products which are safe and compliant with legal, 3rd party and customer requirements. Some of what you can expect to be doing includes:
- Perform regular checks and audits (GMP, traceability, fabrication etc.) in order to monitor compliance with food safety requirements and prepare the necessary reports
- Calibrate scales, temperature probes and other measuring devices as per required frequency
- Collect micro samples, water samples and environmental swabs as per required frequency
- Monitor production lines to ensure product safety, quality and compliance
- Co-ordinate and take part in daily taste panels.
- Complete Audit production documentation
- Assist customers complaints investigation and to ensure completion of corrective actions within required time scale
- Conduct meat and non-meat ingredient audits to assess supplier compliance to specification
- To prepare cook/cool data for the QA Team Leader/QA Manager
- To conduct non-conformance investigation.
- To conduct CCP Audits and be part of Internal Auditing Team.
- Ensure all employees understand and follow the sites personal health and hygiene standards.
- Audit the procedures in place for foreign body controls including glass & hard plastic audits
- Complete routine traceability exercises to meet Customer and Charter Standards.
- Raw material inspection and gathering information for supplier non conformance reports.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Experience from within a related quality / technical role within food manufacturing OR educated in a food related discipline
- Knowledge of food safety legislation, quality processes and HACCP highly advantageous
- High attention to detail, personable with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good understanding of food safety, GMP and basic understanding of microbiology
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Walkers Deli & Sausage specialises in the manufacturing of Premium Sliced Cooked Meats and Sausages as well as being the largest producer of Pate in the UK. At Walkers Deli and Sausage we are constantly striving for ways to improve. This passion for innovation is evident in all that we do.
We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative