We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to based at our Ashton Green site in Leicester.
Samworth Brothers Group is a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products.
We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfill their potential.
- Manage a team of 2 AM QA TL’s during shift and 1 PM Shift QA TL.
- Ensure appropriate skill levels are maintained within the team
- Provide basic “on the job” training to improve TL skills and after identifying strengths and weaknesses ensure training plan implemented for all QA TL’s
- With help of training department assist TL’s in identifying training needs and development plan for all QA’s
- Maintain and build staff morale
- Set KPIs for all team leaders and monitor against these ensuring constructive feedback provided at routine intervals.
- Conduct PDMs for all members of the team within agreed timescales
- Manage and prioritise workload for the team and ensure all tasks are completed to specified frequency
- Ensure support and help is given to QA TL’s to communicate effectively with production TLs and managers to ensure all issues AND non conformances are fully understood and agree corrective actions
- Follow up where necessary on investigation findings from out of spec micro, out of spec nutrition and serious complaints. Conduct internal audits at the correct frequency
- Review supplier responses for Raw Material NCR’s and OOS micro results
- Communicate to technical Manager / Buying dept / Audit team any issues / improvement requirements regarding suppliers
- Use sound technical knowledge to coach the QA team in decision making for granting concessions whilst also working with production to drive the number of concessions to the lowest possible base
- Manage QA Budget for staffing levels and consumables as well as calibration
- Conduct trouble shooting audits in the bakery highlighting any issues identified and driving action plans to resolve issues
- Liaise closely with process, tech services, audit teams, purchasing in the launch of new products ensuring that all new items are captured in QA paperwork and that all teams know the requirements of new products so that hygiene and production controls can be monitored.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focused on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a science-based subject is preferable.
- If not degree qualified, then minimum requirement – Advanced Food Hygiene and experience in chilled
- RIPH Level 3 or Level 4 in Haccp Principles
- Formal Internal Audit Training by CCFRA or other recognized body
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical role within food manufacturing
- Organisational / prioritisation skills & ability to respond rapidly to changes in priorities
What we have to offer:
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.