We are currently recruiting for a Raw Material Technologist to be based at our Bradgate Bakery Madeline Road site.
Bradgate Bakery is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
The requirement is to review raw material specifications and risk assess them to determine if they are safe for use within our bakery by co-ordinating with the suppliers etc.
- Obtain and review all new raw material specifications for NPD products and contingency
- To maintain and keep up to date all raw material specifications for current product
- To assist the Technical Services Department with data trending and analysis where required
- Obtain and ensure raw material specifications are completed to satisfactory standard and reflect ingredient supplied.
- Confident and competent to challenge the content of specifications
- Undertake Food Safety Risk Assessments on new ingredients
- Maintain system which ensures raw material specifications are up to date and agreed / signed off by both supplier and Bradgate
- Coordinate and participate in supplier “sign off “meetings for new ingredients
- Input raw material details onto Recipe Professor
- Set up intake Specifications and Intake system for new / amended ingredients
- Complete vulnerability assessments for all new raw materials
- Update and maintain the relevant trackers associated with raw materials
- Present information during external and internal audits
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Degree in Food related subject or equivalent job-related experience
- Raw material Specification experience across different product types
- Knowledge of food labelling
- Knowledge of raw material risk assessments
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages
- Good interpersonal/team working skills
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.