Group Business Development Team
Monday - Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
At Samworth Brothers our business is food, with our quality chilled and ambient products enjoyed by millions of people every day.We are a fourth-generation family business employing over 10,000 people, operating from well-invested and modern food manufacturing and retail sites across the UK.Our consumer brands include the No 1 Cornish pasty favourite, Ginsters, the iconic malt loaf, Soreen, and sports nutrition brand SCI_MX.
We are recruiting a Senior Commercial Manager to join our team in Leicester to proactively grow the Samworth Brothers business by winning new business and customers in line with our growth strategy to ensure the evolution of our business in line with changing consumer habits.
In further detail your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for taking the lead on customer facing initiatives and projects
- Ensuring that growth is achieved through new channel and customers by understanding the operational and product needs of new customers and channels and working within the business to deliver this in an advantageous solution for both customer and group
- Ensuring efficient management of the product range by utilising all aspects of the category management process
- Work with the group marketing team to identify gaps in the market and opportunities for growth for Samworth Brothers
- Working closely with the wider group businesses to ensure product and customer wins are delivered profitably and in line with business initiatives
- Gaining buy in of different businesses within the group to deliver new routes to market and product concepts
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Good experience in a Commercial or sales role within the food industry
- Good multiple retailer exposure gained within a chilled FMCG environment. Knowledge of Waitrose helpful, but not essential
- Sound understanding of the sales cycle within the chilled food industry, with the appropriate knowledge to instil confidence in your ability to meet the customers’ needs
- Working knowledge of sales, cash and percentage margins, and how to effectively cost new products
- Working understanding of internal retailer dynamics, including the ability to drive results in a dual supply situation
- Have excellent communication skills and be a natural influencer
- The ability to create a persuasive business case
- Strategy – the ability to build and execute a plan for growth – creative thinking and a passion for the new!
- Have a flair for building & maintaining relationships at all levels, both internally & externally
- Have the ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple tasks whilst working to tight deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative or be part of a team, and demonstrate hunger, drive and tenacity
- Excellent computer skills, including word, excel and powerpoint.
- Be highly articulate and numerate with a strong analytical focus
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, retirements saving plan, profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.