Monday to Friday, 08:30am-17:00pm
Walkers Deli & Sausage Co part of the renowned Samworth Brothers Group of Companies, delivers a superb range of hand crafted hams, cooked meats, sausages, terrines, pates and specialty hams to high street retailers.
To play an active role within the planning team to help support the business goals/objectives, effectively plan production in a cost-effective manner while focusing on customer service.
The principle duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Line management of the planning team
- Management of the forecast and production plans
- Escalation point for any forecasting/production changes
- Play an active role within the planning team to help support the business goals and objectives through the S&OP process
- Collate business & customer forecast for the planning system, driving a production plan for the bakery to achieve, minimising waste, idle labour and deliver 100% service
- Work closely with the Materials Planner to ensure the right materials are available for Production
- Attend project meetings to ensure NPD launches are met on time and in full
- Plan and Schedule daily production plan
- Seasonal & promotions planning for peak periods
The ideal applicants will have/be:
- Commercially focused
- Experience of managing a team
- Forecasting /customer demand experience
- Good stock management experience
- The ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs – some weekend working will be required
- Five years experiences within a similar role.
- Communicational skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.