Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 5.00pm
At Samworth Brothers our business is food, with our quality chilled and ambient products enjoyed by millions of people every day.We are a fourth-generation family business employing over 10,000 people, operating from well-invested and modern food manufacturing and retail sites across the UK.Our consumer brands include the No 1 Cornish pasty favourite, Ginsters, the iconic malt loaf, Soreen, and sports nutrition brand SCI_MX.
At Walkers Deli & Sausage Co. we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Development Technologist. Reporting to the Process Development Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the generation and day to day management of customer critical paths in line with the Samworth Brother Launch process.
The principal accountabilities will include:
- Management of customer critical paths in line with the Samworth Brothers Launch Process.
- Take ownership of customer visits that are process development lead.
- Champion products from concept to launch and being the owner and contact for retailer projects.
- Manage post trial outputs to include; initiation of BOM’s, completion of product specific documentation, organisation of samples for microbiological & chemical testing, customer samples and organoleptic testing.
- Manage post trial meetings, capturing actions and ensuring close out of actions.
- Engage and build positive relationships with our customers both internally and externally.
- Create and manage pre-production agenda in conjunction with the Samworth Brothers Launch Process.
- Collaboratively work with manufacturing teams to identify process improvement opportunities with the business and lead initiatives.
- Be an active member of the site HACCP team to ensure robust controls are identified and changes communicated to the wider business.
- Deputise for the Process Development Manager where necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Working knowledge of Food Manufacturing practices, ideally FMCG.
- Good working knowledge of customer concept to launch protocols.
- Collaborative team worker and able to work on own initiative.
- Experience of managing a small team, with demonstratable leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to work well under pressure.
- Good IT skills with experience of using MS Excel, Word, PP & Outlook.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Understanding of HACCP application and considerations.
- Understanding of allergen controls within a manufacturing area.