Brooksby Foods is a division of the Samworth Brothers Group of companies, based in the market town of Melton Mowbray and manufactures a wide range of quality Ready Meals for the UK’s top food retailers. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Intake Operative to join our vibrant Intake team.
- 4 Days on / 4 Days Off
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Booking in, using a scanning device, of raw materials and/or packaging.
- Unloading/loading vehicles in a safe manner.
- Monitoring delivery specifications.
- Use of lifting equipment in a safe manner (If trained).
- Ensuring stock is correctly labelled & rotated
- Stock taking of various raw materials and packaging.
- Ensuring allergens are controlled to the company policy.
- Basic administration, such as inputting information into a computer and answering a telephone.
- Working with others departments in various roles, such as operating the dip tank, Atwell labeller and issuing sleeves.
- Communicate directly with outside parties, such as suppliers and contractors.
- Working in various temperatures, indoors and outdoors.
- Working as a Yard Marshall to control vehicle and pedestrian movement in a safe manner.
- Driving the company transfer van to various other sites.
- Ensuring a high standard of GMP and follow the ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- To follow work methods or any other training received in relation to their role.
- Adhere to the business health & safety policy.
- No experience is necessary, as full training will be given
- A Fork Lift Truck licence would be preferable, but not necessary.
- You need to demonstrate excellent hygiene standards, have good communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment. To be eligible to work in the UK
- To live within a 30 mile radius of LE13 0RG
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. That’s why we reward hard work and dedication with an enhanced rate of pay, pension scheme, private health care scheme (after qualifying period) and various other benefits with major High Street retailers through our Quality Life scheme.
If interested, please forward your Application Form/CV and covering letter to:
Mustakim Sayedmiam, Personnel Department,
Brooksby Foods, 4 Pate Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0RG
Email: Mustakim Sayedmiam@readymeals.co.uk or
Apply via the website http://www.samworthbrothers.co.uk/Work-For-Us