We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team on a fixed term contract basis until the end of June 2020. There then may be the opportunity for this to be extended on a weekly rolling basis if required.
Bradgate Bakery is an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots and many other chilled food to go products for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with almost 1600 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK’s largest chilled food to go manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
You will be responsible for assisting in the efficient operation of Sales Ledger, working closely with the other members of the Sales Ledger and larger Finance team to complete a range of daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc tasks to strict deadlines and to a high quality of accuracy and reliability. Your tasks are based mainly, but not exclusively, around the Sales Ledger function, and support for purchase ledger, payroll or other work as requested by the managers within finance may be needed.
In further detail your key duties will include:
- Processing of daily claims, POD adjusting, completion of the daily and weekly sales reconciliation, processing of EDI sales invoicing. This to be shared with other members of the Sales Ledger team.
- Remittance Uploads
- Provide support for Tesco Sales ledger credits received and ensuring they are signed off appropriately and processed on a timely basis.
- Raising of manual invoices as they arise in a timely fashion, ensuring accuracy of all invoices raised.
- Cashbook posting to be performed weekly and all to be completed and signed off in good time to allow the ledgers to be closed at month end.
- Assist with management of debit notes.
- Assist with completion of Intercompany reconciliations to meet deadlines set at group level.
- Ownership of SL procedure manual, to be updated as needed.
- Administration of car and van insurance related matters
- To accommodate further ad-hoc duties as required within the department
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Ideally completed or working towards AAT; working towards ACCA/CIMA.
- Experience working within a busy accounts department.
- Experience within a food manufacturing/other manufacturing company – desirable
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Continuous improvement techniques and processes Knowledge of the Food to Go / Sandwich category.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- A ‘right first time’ attitude with the ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Interact with other members of the team successfully to ensure the success of team as a whole.
- Good basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience using excel: formulas, formatting spreadsheets and manipulating data.
- Numerate with a basic analytical focus.
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful and Samworth Brothers a great place to work. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, retirements saving plan, profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.