Ashton Green: Highcare Mon-Fri 22:00 - 06:00
Work an extra shift every week leading up to Christmas and you will be paid a bonus in January 2022.
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
As the home of Bradgate Bakery, we offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Weekly Pay – £462
- Earn a Christmas Bonus
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
Bradgate Bakery is an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots and many other chilled food to go products for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with almost 1600 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK’s largest chilled food to go manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
The Department Trainer has responsibility for managing the training across the Bakery. The key responsibility is to set and assess skills, format training materials, provide instruction and maintain food and health and safety standards. Duties include up keeping and maintaining training records and matrices across the AM shift and generally supporting the training function within Bradgate.
- Organise and lead Induction, Manual Handling & GMP training for all new starters.
- Organise and carry out core refresher training as and when required.
- Maintain high procedural standards within the training function.
- Prepare training material as and when required.
- Keep up to date via communication with QA and Process Development regarding changes in specification and new product requirements that affect line skills.
- Ensure correct line skills are passed to operatives.
- Support team leaders in production post-training.
- Attend regular taste panels to identify current problems.
- Communicate and liase with other departments on all relevant quality, manufacturing issues and relevant training requirements.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner e.g. training records.
The Successful Individual
- Experience gained in a similar role is desirable but not essential, as training will
- be given
- A good understanding of Bakery Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and Food Health & Safety would be desirable
- The ability to comply with Hygiene Standard Operating Procedures, work well
- under pressure, with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to speak, read and write clearly in English as well as good literacy skills (you must be able to pass entry numeracy and literacy tests)
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, retirements saving plan, profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.