Nights Tues – Fri 17:30 to 05:30
We are currently recruiting for an Area Manager to work Nights Tues – Fri 17:30 to 05:30 within the Production & Packing department based at The Cornwall Bakery, Callington in Cornwall site.
Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
Through a culture of continuous improvement, you will be required to lead a motivated manufacturing team to deliver sustainable processes that result in quality product being manufactured safely at the lowest cost. This role is fully and singularly responsible for the department when on shift and will be responsible for making decisions concerning management of personnel, production and its quality, cost control, safety and service in the absence of direct line management being present.
- Line Management of the Team Leaders and Operators in area of responsibility.
- Set stretching attainable goals.
- Responsible for all ‘People’ processes within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for all aspects of training and developing teams to include devising skills matrices, implementation of SOP’s, identifying skills gaps, developing training plans, maintenance of core training, consistent delivery of Shop floor training, maintenance of training records and involvement in specific role related training
- Responsible for recruitment, staff movements and succession planning.
- Responsible for effective Performance management within area of responsibility ensuring consistency in approach and correct application of performance management processes (Disciplinary/Absence Management procedures/Praise & Recognition).
- Responsible for investigating and hearing grievance and handling disciplinary meetings in which the outcomes may result in a sanction but not dismissal.
- Responsible for ensuring communication channels within area of responsibility are robust and delivers the right messages in a timely manner to all staff as required.
- Responsible for creating a positive culture to foster good morale and good working conditions for staff.
- Personally demonstrates and encourages inter-departmental working to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are working to the correct standards, processes and specifications etc. and are working towards a ‘right first time’ ethos.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- HNC or equivalent in manufacturing operations (desirable)
- Previous experience of manufacturing operations (essential)
- Intermediate HACCP
- Line management experience to include performance management and development
- Customer contact and ‘visitor’ liaison capability
- Literacy & Numeracy to National Level 2 standard
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft applications
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.