Brooksby Foods, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers Group, manufactures a wide range of quality Ready Meals within our busy Manufacturing facility in Melton Mowbray.
We produce an average of 375,000 meals per week, peaking at 600,000 meals during our busiest periods. We now have opportunities for 3 for reliable and conscientious individuals to train and work as Operatives within our Despatch Team.
Shift Pattern: 4 Days on / 4 Days Off, DAY SHIFT
No. of Vacancies: 2
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful Despatch Operative will step in to a varied role where they will be rotated regularly to perform a range of different tasks. In this position, you will be responsible for despatch duties as outlined below whilst always ensuring impeccable standards, quality and health & safety.
- Sleeving and packing of products ready for despatch, paying close attention to detail
- Scanning products to be despatched and complete relevant paperwork
- Loading lorries with complete products
- Blast chill operatives – transfer products to the blast chill area, requiring use of manual pallet truck. Regular product temperature checks.
- Transferring of products from the blast chill area to holding chiller.
- Online QAs – paying close attention to quality and product detail. Temperature control.
- Online operatives – packing and sleeving of product, placing completed product on to a pallet and transferring to relevant storage area.
- Physically demanding role to include moving, pushing and turning large items (following manual handling and good health and safety practices)
- Raising issues to Team Leader or Area Manager
- No experience is necessary, as full training will be given
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- To live within a 30 mile radius of LE13 0RG
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. That’s why we reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, pension scheme, private health care scheme (after qualifying period) and various other benefits with major High Street retailers through our Quality Life scheme.
If interested, please forward your CV and covering letter to:
Mustakim Sayedmiam, Personnel Department,
Brooksby Foods, 4 Pate Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0RG
Email: Mustakim Sayedmiam@readymeals.co.uk or
Apply via the website http://www.samworthbrothers.co.uk/Work-For-Us