Monday - Friday
At Samworth Brothers our business is food, with our quality chilled and ambient products enjoyed by millions of people every day.We are a fourth-generation family business employing over 10,000 people, operating from well-invested and modern food manufacturing and retail sites across the UK. Our consumer brands include the No 1 Cornish pasty favourite, Ginsters, the iconic malt loaf, Soreen, and sports nutrition brand SCI_MX.
Manton Wood is part of our Food to Go businesses. Food to Go is a fast-developing market that’s worth over £17 bn a year in the UK and is set to grow by a further £6bn in the next five years
Our Food to Go ranges of pre-packed salads, sandwiches, bagels, wraps, paninis and ciabattas help our retail customers offer a huge choice of tastes to meet the changing demands of consumers.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Finance Manager to join Samworth Brothers Manton Wood. Within this role you will report directly into the Site Director, with dotted line to FD at Bradgate Bakery, and will oversee the finance team of 4 in delivering strong financial discipline, Commercial/Operational challenge and high-quality reporting to both the business and the Samworth Brothers Group.
In further detail your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Own, through the team, all aspects of site Financial reporting (Annual, Monthly, Weekly or Daily) to internal and external stakeholders at the required standard and quality. Further developing lean accounting to ensure right data; right time; right value
- Compile, challenge and reconcile Budgeting, Forecasting and 3-year plan processes
- Drive an improvement culture, measuring/monitoring and advising on major site initiatives, with additional responsibility to sponsor VAVE
- Support and challenge Overhead and Labour control through a defined monthly process
- Deliver strong control over Capital including forecast accuracy and capital reviews (pre and post)
- Accurately control and forecast cash and working capital
- Challenge and support the Commercial teams to deliver accurate forecasts and enhance profitability through promotional activity
- Challenge and support the costing process including standards review
- Oversee the inflation / deflation pass-through mechanism with Tesco including ‘open book’ analysis and ABCDE model
- Provide leadership for key business integration projects such as transitioning from 2SFG Transitional Services Agreement into fully embedded Samworth Brothers processes, to included Financial Services (AP & AR), Direct Payroll and IT Services
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Site Director, Bradgate Bakery Finance Director and Finance Manager, Senior Leadership team and other Managers in the business
- Site lead for I.S. liaising with 2SFG, Bradgate FD and Samworth Brothers Group IT to ensure I.S able to support the business appropriately
- Deputise for Site Director where appropriate
The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA
- Have experience in managing teams
- Have a background in a manufacturing and/or FMCG business
- Be able to demonstrate expertise in all aspects of manufacturing and commercial finance, including management of product mix and complexity, management of margins in volatile commodity markets (including the use of inflation/deflation ‘flow through’ cost models with the retailers) and rigorous cost management
- Have experience of and be the catalyst for the delivery of business improvement projects
- Demonstrate the ability to influence others at all levels in the Group.
- SAP knowledge/experience preferred but not essential
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful and Manton Wood a great place to work. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with competitive pay, retirements saving plan, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.