We now have an opportunity for an inventive and mechanically minded Machine Technician to join us at Brooksby Foods, one of the rapidly growing divisions of the Samworth Brothers Ready Meals, based in the market town of Melton Mowbray.
Shift Pattern: 4 Days on / 4 Days Off
- First line machinery fault finding and basic maintenance/repair work
- Work closely with Engineering and/or Production team to monitor, identify and provide solutions for faults/issues with production machinery.
- Liaise with supervisors and management in order to escalate any outstanding issues
- Ensure that machines are operated correctly including correct start up procedure and daily checks are followed
- To ensure all servicing and repairs of machinery are carried out in accordance with Company procedures.
- Ensure that all planned preventative maintenance is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- To participate in on-going training programmes (on and off site).
- Be an advocate for Health and Safety awareness by following Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation at all times.
- Capable of working on own initiative with a thorough and methodical approach to tasks
- Be forward thinking. With a pro-active attitude, you will be able to make quick and accurate decisions, with the support of the Engineering team.
- A good understanding of equipment operation, setup and asset care
- A good level of computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to document information and liaise with Engineering and other internal departments
- High degree of accuracy/attention to detail with a flexible and proactive approach to work
- Prepared to undertake machinery training and basic mechanical training
- Be flexible in terms of providing cover at busy and seasonal periods.
- If you are mechanically minded with an engineering background, this would be a distinct advantage
- As per company policy, must live within a 30 mile radius of LE13 0RG
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. That’s why we reward hard work and dedication with an enhanced rate of pay, pension scheme, private health care scheme (after qualifying period) and various other benefits with major High Street retailers through our Quality Life scheme.
If interested, please forward your CV and covering letter to:
Mustakim Sayedmiam, Personnel Department,
Brooksby Foods, 4 Pate Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 0RG
Email: Mustakim Sayedmiam@readymeals.co.uk or
Apply via the website http://www.samworthbrothers.co.uk/Work-For-Us