Based at Bradgate Bakery (LE4) Monday to Friday - Nights - 9:30pm - 6am
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Bradgate Bakery, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as Prep Area Manager. In this role you will provide local control of any activity within the Preparation environment by the effective & efficient utilisation of labour, machinery & materials.
- To ensure that all raw materials to be used, comply with the stated quality & other specifications.
- To monitor on a daily, weekly basis control of product yields.
- To monitor & act upon staffing requirements ensuring that they are in line with production demands.
- To ensure that the team’s performance is analysed, communicated & reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with, communicate and wherever possible, enhance the legislative & company’s Hygiene, Food Safety, Quality & Health & Safety requirement & standards.
- Monitor, communicate & where appropriate, intervene to ensure the flow of materials within the preparation area is effective.
- Communicate, agree with Preparation Manager & where appropriate, implement required staff movement across the site & or activities.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Ideally possess previous experience of front line management in a fast paced chilled food environment
- A commitment to high quality and continuous improvement
- Experience of leading and coaching a team
- Have excellent communication skills and be a natural influencer
- Computer skills are required, including word, excel and power point.
Bradgate Bakery produces a wide range of quality chilled and ambient foods that are enjoyed by millions of people throughout the UK every day. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative