Monday to Friday - Office Hours
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Saladworks, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as Process Technologist. You will be supporting the successful transfer of products from the concept/NPD stage through to trials, pre-production and launch. Working with the Senior Process Technologist to ensure projects are delivered on time and supporting in generating internal and external documentation to ensure projects are fully completed in preparation for launch
Some of what you can expect to be doing:
- To organise and attend factory trials and pre-production runs ensuring all data is successfully collated and reported.
- To prepare and collate relevant information and standards for internal and external QAS’ to a high level of detail.
- To ensure all relevant new and existing raw materials and packaging is ordered in preparation for factory trials.
- To organise and conduct relevant shelf-life analysis, nutritional and microbiological testing from the trials.
- To support in completing artwork checks on finished products prior to launch.
- To support and generate internal paperwork to ensure a smooth transition from concept to launch.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- A degree in a Food Science Related Degree or work experience in a food manufacturing environment would be Desirable but not essential
- Evident interest in food/previous work experience or activities relating to food.
- Knowledge of good manual handling procedures
Saladworks, based in Leicester Forest East produces a range of high quality chilled Ready Meals supplying major retailers. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative