Location = Callington, Cornwall, PL17 7XG
Salary = Weekly Pay £480.46
Are you thinking about working in a Bakery environment?
Are you looking for a company that offers full time/ job share opportunities?
We are a proud, family-owned business established in 1896 with over 9,000 staff in various locations in the UK. We are currently recruiting for Bakery Operators to join one of our brands based in Callington, Cornwall.
We want to train and develop individuals that are looking to work in a Bakery environment that is fast paced, fun and makes things happen. We are a working family that take pride in what we do, so we are seeking passionate people that are looking for a career that can take you places.
The role of an operator will include:
• Setting up machines and checking equipment prior to shift start – checking against safety procedures to ensure machines run efficiently.
• Reporting any concerns with equipment or changes to kit.
• Keeping area workspace clear & clean as you go approach during shift & handover.
• Ensuring material checks are carried out and recorded correctly on paperwork (HACCPs).
• Ensuring traceability has the correct information (codes, dates and are completed to the correct standard).
• Following Procedures such as Standard Operating Procedures or risk Control Measures Etc.
• Checking product quality and escalating any issues
• Adhering to and encouraging positive health and safety
What we are looking for:
To have the opportunity to join our business, we are looking for people with great communication skills, who enjoy working in a team and within a fast-paced environment. We will invest a lot of time in training and developing you to make sure you can do a great job, so no previous experience is required. As this is a bakery role you will need to be comfortable standing for the duration of your shift.
Benefits of working at The Cornwall Bakery include:
• Level 2 Food Safety training
• Full health and safety training
• Aviva Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period)
• Quality Life Discount scheme
• Retirement Savings plan (with x4 salary life assurance)
• Digital GP
• Free on site gym
• Free Parking
• Subsidised Restaurant across all shifts
• Profit Share scheme
• Employee assistance plan
• Colleague shop
• Recommend a friend / family scheme
• Long service awards
• Savings scheme
• Photo Competitions
• Plymouth Argyle Draw for tickets
• Theatre show discounts
• Grocery Aid
• Free eye care vouchers for those using VDU Screens
• Christmas Food gift
• Free Christmas meal
• On site allotments
Your shifts, once agreed, will be fixed, we do not work on rota basis so you will have the luxury of fixed hours within the role and making use of your free time!
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative