Monday to Friday - Office Hours - 40 hours per week
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Kettley Foods, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business, we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as a Quality Assurance Manager. In this role you will be:
- To manage the Quality Assurance Department and build a strong team.
- Action out of specification microbiological, raw material and process issues, to reach a satisfactory conclusion
- Train and develop QA auditors to enable them to complete a full factory audit
- Develop the auditing system within the factory
- QA audit team to audit critical paperwork highlight errors and omissions raise with QA Manager and formulate resolution
- Play an active role in the continued development of the HACCP system on site
- Monitor Pest Control contract, ensuring required actions are completed on a timely basis.
- Establish a calibration schedule for all measuring equipment, and allocate responsibilities for inspections /calibration.
- Develop a robust positive release system for all high risk products, ensuring all new raw materials are assessed against preset criteria
- Monitor spend on microbiological and nutritional items – ensure to within budget on a monthly basis.
- Achieve 30 % of time spent on factory floor – training, Resolving issues, challenging the norm.
- Complete auditing of raw material suppliers as required.
- Monitor performance of raw material suppliers in terms of Technical performance, ensure QA Department complete checks as per schedules and associated documentation is completed
- Ensure all routine sampling checks and other requirements are completed as per schedules and any out of specification results are highlighted and actioned.
- Work with the QA Systems Manager in terms of systems development.
- Ensuring timely supply of information as requested by both internal and external sources, including such items as – weekly KPI data, Technical information for weekly brief, and completion of microbiological section of retailer’s monthly report.
- Deputise for the Technical Manager during their absence.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
- Accurate and thorough
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- ‘Hands on‘ can do approach
- Self motivated
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player
- Methodical / logical / planned approach to problem solving
- Comprehensive computer skills
- HACCP team experience
- 5 years Chilled high risk food experience – ready meals would be useful
- People Management skills
- Food Related Degree
- HACCP to Intermediate level
- Internal audit qualification
Kettleby Foods, based in Melton Mowbray produces a range of high quality chilled Ready Meals supplying major retailers. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.