Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5pm
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
As the home of Melton Foods, we offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as Senior Process Development Technologist. In this role you will be:
Working in conjunction with the Process Development Manager & Process Development Technologists to ensure the smooth running of all new product launches. Covering from concept, to handover, through to trials, pre productions and launch. Working closely with production, technical, planning, finance, engineering, purchasing and commercial departments communicating and troubleshooting throughout the process.
- To work closely with the Process Development Manager for the completion of weekly tasks and attendance of meetings.
- To manage a team of Process Development Technologists to ensure that; critical paths & customer deadlines are met.
- Taking an active role both within the bakery and in meetings from a general technical viewpoint.
- To be able to run their own products from Concept through to Launch, as well as managing a team & keeping on top of their projects.
- To be able to effectively liaise with all departments in order to effectively problem solve.
- To have experience of writing & managing critical paths.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a food science based subject is preferable or Advanced Food Hygiene qualification
- Previous experience in a process/technical role within food manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of product development within a food manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working directly with retail customers
- Ability to line manage team members including day-to-day guidance and support
- Must be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Flexible approach to working ours
Melton Foods supply’s premium tier products to some of the major UK retailers and Food to Go outlets, in both retailer own brand and the UK’s largest sandwich brand, Ginsters. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.