Gain valuable experience and learn on the job in a role with real responsibility
If you are on a four-year degree course where you are expected to spend a year in industry, then our 12-month Industrial Placement Scheme could be just the experience you are looking for. From the moment you join, you can expect challenge, responsibility and variety, because we expect you to make a full contribution to the business.
During your time with us you can expect to:
- Develop core workplace skills to complement your academic knowledge (e.g. project management, prioritising a busy workload, managing key stakeholders, professional communication and solution-focussed thinking)
- Gain practical experience of working within the food industry, and a valuable insight into the different functions and roles within it
- Progress your career development journey. By using the feedback and experience gained on placement, you will gain a deeper appreciation of your personal strengths and development needs and be given the support the shape your action plan
Our IP students complete two separate 6-month placement roles, at a variety of locations across the UK, so flexibility is a must. Our aim is to provide you with a valuable breadth of experience, working with different departments, products and customers. You will also have the chance to deliver project work and get involved with the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility activities. Click here to see the types of charity projects you might get involved with.
We offer different pathways:
- Operations – from our planning teams through to operational line management, or in specialist support teams such as Engineering or Health & Safety, everyone works together with energy and drive to ensure we deliver great quality food, on time, with the minimum of waste.
- Food Technical – once a new product has been developed in our test kitchens, our Technical teams are responsible for development of the production process, ingredient specifications and product life, packaging information and important ongoing management of the quality and safety of our food throughout the manufacturing process.
- Commercial Management – from understanding shopper behaviour and market trends, through to development and launch of new products, our Commercial teams must maintain close relationships with our retail customers, suppliers, and internal teams to manage our product portfolio, procurement, sales and promotional plans to achieve the best possible results.
The Selection Process
Once you send your application to us, the selection process has a number of steps:
- Application received, acknowledged and screened
- Video Interview
- Individual Profiling (online)
- Recruitment Day
- Feedback and/or offer