We are proud to be a family business.
George Samworth was a one man band trading livestock when he founded what is now known as Samworth Brothers. Successive generations of the family have adapted the business as the markets evolved, demonstrating the entrepreneurial flair, the willingness to try something new and the strength of purpose that is required for a business to survive and grow over more than one hundred years.
Samworth Brothers is now a fourth generation family business, and all our people work hard to make sure that our customers, staff and communities benefit from the strengths of a family business:
- Investing for the long term
- Promoting a strong, stable culture
- Personal commitment to our business and our customers
- Acting quickly, without bureaucracy
- Taking risks without fearing the public price of failure
- Having united, supportive shareholders
Samworth Brothers is a prominent member of the Institute for Family Business and the family’s vision is to continue to own and invest in the business for generations to come.